LINGUIST List 31.1749
Tue May 26 2020
Jobs: English; Computational Linguistics: Researcher, Vital Text Systems
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Gordon Monk <gordon.monk
English; Computational Linguistics: Researcher, Vital Text Systems E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Vital Text Systems
Department: Linguistics R&D
Job Location: , USA (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://vitaltextsystems.com/
Job Title: Sr. Linguistics Researcher
Job Rank: Programmer; Researcher; Scientist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Vital Text Systems (VTS) is seeking an experienced Sr. Computational Linguistics Programmer with machine learning experience.
The position is full or part time, equity-only, and option to convert to FTE, paid employment, with VTS, immediately upon close of our next successful funding round. Primary location in Maine but remote work any time zone east, or central are acceptable.
Who You Are:
- You’re open to an equity-only position (at least, for the time-being).
- You are always searching for meaning- not just in life, but in text.
- You’re excited about solving problems. No challenge is too great.
- You’ve got serious computational linguistics skills. NLP, ML / DL and AI classifiers are nothing new to you.
- You’ve got solid communication and collaborative skills.
- You’re familiar with Agile methodology.
- You’re familiar with the Stanford NLP Parser and Java libraries
- You’ve got a Linguistics Masters (preferred).
- You’re a US Citizen.
Who We Are:
We’re a small startup that’s receiving some big attention from a few big players in the AI/Machine Learning space.
We work at a fast pace and we’re picking up speed. We also like to have a little fun.
The VTS founders are, a serial-entrepreneur/Sr. technology leader, a professor of linguistics, a Sr. computational linguistics programmer, a Director of strategy with more than 2 decades in cloud/web-based solutions, and three part-time sr. software engineers.
What We’re Doing:
We’re changing the world for the, more than 400 million, knowledge workers that generate high-value documents for organizations around the globe. By using AI classifiers and providing real-time linguistic analytics, we’re helping them significantly reduce textual ambiguities and craft linguistically hardened language in their documents.
Our tech stack includes Java, C#, React.js, .Net, and a few other goodies.
What We’ve Done (So Far):
- Received our software/systems patent in June, 2017
- Awarded over $350,000 in infrastructure credits by global technology provider.
- Launched our MS Word Add-in Analytics for MS Store 12/21/2019deployment
- Completed Early Access User targets 2/29/2020 with 400 registered users.
- Now serving over 750 registered users, 2,655 scans; 10,610 pages; 349,184 sentences.
What’s On The Near Horizon:
- Deploying to Serverless Architecture, upgraded analytics, focused on– Technical documents.
- Moving to commercialization on June 28, 2020
- Seven additional areas identified for 2021 delivery or sooner.
- Presenting to Angel and other investor groups, nationwide
- Selected for full submission Phase I National Science Foundation project
Sounds interesting? Then send your contact information and CV to the application email provided below, we’ll do the rest.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: inquiries
CEO Gordon Monk
Phone: 954 547 9759
Page Updated: 26-May-2020