LINGUIST List 32.305
Mon Jan 25 2021
Jobs: Anthropological Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Sociolinguistics: Researcher, University of Luxembourg
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Dr Bernardino Tavares <bernardino.c.tavares
Anthropological Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Sociolinguistics: Researcher, University of Luxembourg, Belval, Luxembourg E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of Luxembourg
Department: Faculty of Humanities, Education and Social Sciences (FHSE)
Job Location: Belval, Luxembourg
Web Address: https://wwwen.uni.lu/fhse
Job Title: Research and Development Specialist in Sociolinguistics of Migration
Job Rank: Researcher
Specialty Areas: Anthropological Linguistics; Ling & Literature; Sociolinguistics; Postcolonial Studies
The role of the Research and Development Specialist will be linked to the preparation, implementation, evaluation and reporting of the project. S/he will participate in all phases of the project and have opportunities to learn and conduct research in the fields of Lusophone postcolonial relations in Luxembourg, Portugal and its former colonies (Cape Verde, Brazil, Guinea-Bissau, Angola …).
Specific tasks include:
- Conducting review of the literature
- Doing fieldwork (observation, contacting participants, interviews and audiotape recordings, collecting visual and material data)
- Data transcription and analysis
- Disseminating results through research briefs, articles and conferences (within and outside academia)
- Engage in miscellaneous administrative tasks within the project (organising meetings, workshops …)
- Master degree in language studies, sociolinguistics, anthropology or postcolonial studies.
- Proficiency in Portuguese and English is required. French and/or German, and Portuguese-based Creoles are considered assets.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong ability to work in a team
- Strong ability to work autonomously
- Experiences in supporting and/or producing papers for publications
- An international, multi-lingual research environment;
- Membership in a strong, dynamic research team and continuing training on social research;
- An attractive salary;
- Personal workspace at the University of Luxembourg’s Belval Campus;
- A vibrant multicultural environment
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 36 Month
- Foreseen starting date: April 2021
- Work Hours: Part Time 32.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Belval
- Internal Title: Research and development specialist
- Job Reference: UOL03875
Applications should be submitted online and include:
- Motivation letter
- Copies of diplomas and MA transcript(s)
- A writing sample (an article, a chapter of MA thesis …)
- Names and contact details of two references
Deadline for applications: 15 February 2021.
Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system found at the application link below. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
Application Deadline: This position is closed.
Web Address for Applications: https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?ID=P9OFK026203F3VBQB7V7VV435&nPostingTargetId=83819&nPostingId=58676
Dr Bernardino Tavares
Page Updated: 02-Mar-2021