LINGUIST List 32.3123
Mon Oct 04 2021
Calls: English; Translation/Tunisia
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Ezzeddine Saidi <saidiezz
Memory and Imagination E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Memory and Imagination
Short Title: TAELS 7th Conf
Date: 07-Mar-2022 - 08-Mar-2022
Location: Hammamet or Sousse - TBD, Tunisia
Contact Person: Ezzeddine Saidi
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: https://www.taels.org/call-for-papers-7-int-conference/
Linguistic Field(s): Translation
Subject Language(s): English
Call Deadline: 16-Jan-2022
TAELS 7th International Conference on ''Memory and Imagination''
Call for Papers:
The Tunisian Association for English Language Studies (TAELS)
organizes its 7th International Conference on:
“Memory and Imagination”
March 07-08, 2022
Hammamet or Sousse (TBD) – Tunisia
This conference seeks to address the growing interest in the ways the intersection of memory and imagination appeal to a variety of disciplines and build bridges between them. Whether transitory glimpses or intricate narratives, memories give vent to imagined pasts. Reconstructing one’s relationship to the past may possibly go through the complexity resulting from the human ability to represent and narrate truth(s). We find in literature valuable narrative constructions of the memory, not only relating to the presence of the past but also to imaginations of the future.
We welcome individual abstracts for 20-minute presentations and complete panel proposals of three or four papers treating a similar theme or topic. Priority will be given to panel proposals.
Participants are kindly invited to submit their proposals via one of these links:
- Link 1 (individual submissions)
- Link 2 (panel submissions)
The deadline for abstract submission is January 09, 2022. Acceptance/rejection decisions will be sent by January 16, 2022.
TAELS editorial board will select a number of papers that will be published after peer-reviewing in a collective volume on the proceedings of the conference.
Presenters of accepted papers will be required to deposit a registration fee of 300 TND (300 Euros for international participants) before January 29, 2022.
The registration fees will cover:
- A full board-stay at the conference venue (one night for Tunisian participants - two nights for international participants).
- Two coffee breaks;
- Conference materials;
- Certificate of participation or attendance;
- Access to all conference sessions and workshops;
- Submission of the paper to peer-reviewing;
- Two hard copies of the conference proceedings after publication.
For attendance only, the registration fees will be as follows:
- One-day pass: 100 TND (100 Euros for international participants).
- Two-day pass: 150 TND (150 Euros for international participants)
- Two-day pass + accommodation: 250 TND (250 Euros for international participants.
Page Updated: 04-Oct-2021