LINGUIST List 32.3146
Tue Oct 05 2021
Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, Applied Linguistics, University of South Florida
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Claudine Boniec <cboniec
Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, Applied Linguistics, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of South Florida
Department: Department of World Languages
Job Location: Florida, USA
Web Address: https://www.usf.edu/arts-sciences/departments/world-languages/
Job Title: Assistant Professor, Applied Linguistics
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
The Department of World Languages at the University of South Florida is seeking candidates for an appointment to a nine-month tenure track position in Applied Linguistics at the rank of Assistant Professor, effective August 08, 2022. The department seeks candidates whose research connects productively with current issues in the field.
- Teach courses at the graduate and undergraduate level in the areas of applied linguistics/linguistics.
- Conduct, present, and publish research and engage in other professional activities.
- Mentor graduate students.
- Participate actively in program management of the B.A. in World Languages and Cultures (Applied Linguistics Concentration), the M.A. in Applied Linguistics and the Ph.D. in Linguistics and Applied Language Studies.
- Participate in governance in the department, college, and university.
Doctoral (Ph.D.) degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate field of specialization or equivalent qualifications based on professional experience and otherwise qualified to perform assigned duties by August 08, 2022. Applications from individuals who are ABD will be accepted, but the degree must be conferred by appointment start date. Must meet university criteria for appointment to the rank of Assistant Professor.
- Doctoral (Ph.D.) degree from an accredited institution or the highest degree appropriate in the field of Applied Linguistics, Linguistics, or a closely related field from an accredited institution
- Relevant professional experience needed to perform assigned duties.
- Experience teaching applied linguistics/linguistics courses.
- Publication record which indicates active research and scholarship.
- Demonstrated success in teaching graduate and/or undergraduate applied linguistics courses.
- Ability to seek external funding for research and/or program development.
- Record of service to appropriate professional organizations.
- Experience serving on doctoral dissertation committees.
- Experience working with diverse student populations.
- Experience in program management and leadership.
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Proficiency in at least one foreign language
Information for Applicants:
This position is subject to a Level 1 criminal background check.
Job Opening ID: 28642
Posting Date: October 4, 2021
Posting End Date/Application Deadline: November 1, 2021
Review of applications will begin November 3, 2021 - incomplete applications will NOT be reviewed.
Conclusion of this search is subject to final budget approval. According to Florida Law, applications and meetings regarding them are open to the public. USF is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access Institution. For disability accommodations, contact Claudine Boniec (813-974-5510 or cboniec
usf.edu) a minimum of five (5) working days in advance.
USF is a high-impact global research university dedicated to student success. For information regarding USF, please visit our website at http://www.usf.edu
Application materials MUST include:
- A current CV
- Cover letter
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g., course evaluations)
- A sample publication
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (to be sent directly to Ms. Claudine Boniec, cboniec
usf.edu, by the application deadline - these may be sent via a dossier service (i.e., Interfolio) or letter writers may send their letters directly via email. IMPORTANT: we will not directly reach out to your letter writers.)
Please apply via the application link below.
Application Deadline: 01-Nov-2021
Web Address for Applications: https://www.usf.edu/work-at-usf/careers/
Ms. Claudine Boniec
Page Updated: 05-Oct-2021