LINGUIST List 32.3228
Wed Oct 13 2021
Jobs: Syntax: Tenure-Track Professor of Linguistics, Harvard University
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Arlene Navarro <arlenenavarro
Syntax: Tenure-Track Professor of Linguistics, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Harvard University
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Web Address: https://linguistics.fas.harvard.edu
Job Title: Tenure-Track Professor of Linguistics
Job Rank: Asst/Assoc Professor
Specialty Areas: Syntax
The Department of Linguistics at Harvard University seeks to make a tenure-track appointment (at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor) in the area of syntax, with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2022. The selected candidate will teach and advise at the undergraduate and graduate levels and conduct an innovative program of research in syntax.
Applicants whose research interfaces with other areas as well as those who have an additional area of research such as computational linguistics, experimental linguistics, or linguistic fieldwork are especially encouraged to apply.
Applications should be submitted at the URL below and should include:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Research statement
- Teaching/advising statement (describing teaching philosophy and practices)
- Teaching evaluations (if available)
- Statement describing efforts to encourage diversity, inclusion, and belonging, including past, current, and anticipated future contributions in these areas
- Names and contact information for three referees, who will be asked by a system- generated email to upload a letter of recommendation once the candidate’s application has been submitted. At least one letter must come from someone who has not served as the candidate’s undergraduate thesis advisor, chair of the dissertation committee, or primary advisor in a postdoctoral fellowship
- Copies of three representative research papers
Please apply via the application link below.
Applications must be submitted no later than November 13, 2021.
We strongly encourage applications from women and other underrepresented groups. Harvard is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, protected veteran status, disability, genetic information, military service, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or other protected status.
Application Deadline: 13-Nov-2021
Web Address for Applications: https://academicpositions.harvard.edu/postings/10724
Page Updated: 13-Oct-2021