LINGUIST List 32.4033
Tue Dec 28 2021
Calls: Applied Linguistics, Discipline of Linguistics, Discourse Analysis, General Linguistics/Jordan
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Ahmad El-Sharif <auresian
Prospects of Linguistic Research in the Twenty-first Century E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Prospects of Linguistic Research in the Twenty-first Century
Date: 11-May-2022 - 12-May-2022
Location: Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Al al-Bayt University Mafraq, Jordan
Contact Person: Ahmad El-Sharif
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Discipline of Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics
Subject Language(s): English
Call Deadline: 27-Feb-2022
The onset of the third millennium witnessed radical transformations in research of linguistic fields. This research aims to answer pertaining questions, and it has succeeded in that, but it has imposed new questions as well. Accordingly, those who are engaged in linguistic research find themselves obliged to approach multiple perspectives and levels of linguistic analysis within the disciplines of phonetics and phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics, and discourse analysis. In addition, they have to embark on researching the nature of language, and its mental, cognitive, material, and supra-material realizations. And because language, since the dawn of history, has never been the occupation of linguists alone, linguistic research has intersected with other fields of knowledge including human and natural sciences.
With the major changes in the worlds of computer, information, communication, and the conflict between the different sciences that seek to deconstruct the human being or to understand it, linguistic research is no longer isolated behind closed doors looking at language and speech and what is related to it, linguistic research today has expanded to include overlapping and intertwined scientific fields, and at the levels of theorizing and application. Hence, on the theoretical level, studies of language, speech, text and discourse have appeared, aiming to discover the nature of language and its relationship to the mind and brain, how to acquire and learn languages, and the ways of using them, and the combination and difference between languages, and other concerns of theorizing. On the other hand, and in the applied level, linguistic research has been active at various levels of analysis in relation to disciplines such as language planning, language teaching, communication patterns and translation problems.
The Fifth Scientific Conference on Linguistics of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities at Al al-Bayt University comes in a context where it is believed that the Arab linguist is aware of these horizons, and he contributes to it by presenting new theoretical and applied research in the different fields of contemporary linguistics. This conference aims to provide an arena for researchers who are interested in important developments in linguistic research in a productive and communicative scientific space.
2nd Call for Papers:
Faculty of Arts and Humanities at Al-al Bayt University will be hosting its Fifth Scientific Conference on Linguistics with the title PROSPECTS OF LINGUISTIC RESEARCH IN THE TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY
in the period 11-12 May 2022 in its campus in Mafraq, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
The Fifth Scientific Conference on Linguistics of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities at Al al-Bayt University comes in a context where it is believed that the Arab linguists are aware of horizons of linguistic research, and they contribute to it by presenting new theoretical and applied research in the different fields of contemporary linguistics. This conference aims to provide an arena for researchers who are interested in important developments in linguistic research in a productive and communicative scientific space.
* CONFERENCE THEMES
- Perspectives of modern linguistic theories.
- Perspectives of Linguistic Research on Interlinguistics.
- levels of linguistic analysis; Phonetic, phonological, morphological, lexical, syntactic, semantic, pragmatic and discoursal.
- The prospects of philosophical and anthropological research in linguistics.
- Perspectives of applied linguistics; Such as Language Planning, Electronic Mediated Telecommunication, Educational And ''Pedagogical'' Linguistics, Neurolinguistics, Cognitive Linguistics, Psychological Linguistics, And Sociolinguistics.
- Linguistic and Linguistic Modelling.
- Text Linguistics, Discourse Analysis, Stylistics.
- Challenges of contemporary linguistic research.
* PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES
- Papers should be characterized by a solid scientific methodology.
- Papers should be consistent with the conference's themes.
- The research must be original and not previously published.
- Papers should be in one of the conference languages: Arabic, French or English.
- The researcher should abide by the guidelines and ethics of scientific documentation.
- The researcher should arrange the list of sources and references at the end of the paper, on basis of the author's name.
* IMPORTANT DATES
- Deadline for receiving abstracts and the participants’ biographical summaries: February 27, 2022 AD.
- The deadline for notifying the research about acceptance of their abstracts is March 5, 2022 AD.
- Last date for submitting the full paper: April 1, 2022 AD.
- The deadline for informing the researchers of the acceptance of their papers after peer-reviewing and refereeing for the purposes of participating in the conference is April 15, 2022 AD.
- Date of the conference: 11-12 May 2022 AD.
* IMPORTANT NOTES:
- Conference method: The conference is held in face-to-face.
- The conference provides ways to participate online in order to present a research paper and attend seminars.
- With regard of the above, holding the conference as planned depends on the development of the epidemiological situation globally, regionally, and locally.
- Al al-Bayt University is responsible for:
o Accommodation and meals for participants from outside Jordan on the two days of the conference.
o Hospitality for participants from inside Jordan on the two days of the conference.
o Printing the proceedings of the conference after their peer-reviewing and refereeing on behalf of Al al-Bayt University.
- Conference fees (100 dollars or its equivalent for participants from outside Jordan)
- Postgraduate students are exempted from Conference fees
- Abstracts and research papers should be sent to the following address: (linguistics_aabu
Page Updated: 28-Dec-2021