LINGUIST List 33.1613
Mon May 09 2022
Calls: Applied Ling., Cognitive Sci., Lang. Documentation, Socioling., Typology; USA
Editor for this issue: Matthew Fort <matthewlinguistlist.org>
Devin Tankersley <hdls
High Desert Linguistics Society 15 E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: High Desert Linguistics Society 15
Short Title: HDLS15
Date: 11-Nov-2022 - 13-Nov-2022
Location: University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Contact Person: Devin Tankersley
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Cognitive Science; Language Documentation; Sociolinguistics; Typology
Call Deadline: 30-Jun-2022
The High Desert Linguistics Society is thrilled to announce the 15th biennial High Desert Linguistics Society Conference! This student-organized conference will take place from Friday, November 11th, through Sunday, November 13th, 2022 in a hybrid format. In-person presentations will be held at the University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, and streamed simultaneously over Zoom. These presentations will be supplemented by virtual talks, lightning talks, poster presentations, and asynchronous discussion.
We are honored to be able to announce our keynote speakers:
Friday, November 11th - Corrine Occhino (Syracuse University)
Saturday, November 12th - Mary Hermes (University of Minnesota)
Sunday, November 13th - Amalia Skilton (Cornell University)
Call for Papers:
- All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference.
- Abstracts may be submitted in any of the three languages of the conference, i.e. English, Spanish, or American Sign Language (ASL).
- Written abstracts may be no longer than 500 words, not including references and figures, and must be submitted as a .pdf with 12pt font.
- Signed abstracts should be uploaded to a secure, private location (such as Google Drive), with a link submitted in lieu of a full written submission, and must be no longer than four minutes.
- Each abstract must be anonymous (signed abstracts should not include the presenter's name or affiliation).
- Each applicant may submit: no more than one (1) single-author abstract; and no more than one (1) co-authored abstract, which includes themed panel contributions.
- All applicants must submit through EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=hdls15
Applicants can submit an abstract for the following categories:
- Stage presentations: All presentations will be 20 minutes with another 10 minutes for Q&A. Stage presentations may be given in any of the three languages of the conference (English, Spanish, or ASL). These presentations may held online or in-person.
- Poster: Applicants accepted for posters will be notified with specific guidelines for the poster. All posters will be displayed at the venue and online for asynchronous viewing and discussions. In addition, all poster presentations will be accompanied by lightning talks, with 5 minutes of presentation and an opportunity for live audience Q&A.
- Themed panel: Panels will consist of three (3) presenters. Presenters interested in this format are responsible for deciding who will be part of the suggested panel, as well as the order of presenters. Only one document should be submitted per panel. The document should include the proposed theme (max 300 words or 3 minutes), and how each presenter will contribute to it (max 500 words or 5 minutes for each presenter).
Page Updated: 09-May-2022