LINGUIST List 33.342
Fri Jan 28 2022
Calls: General Linguistics/Korea, South
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Sang-Tae Kim <kst2002
2022 Spring Conference of the Joongwon Linguistic Society of Korea E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 2022 Spring Conference of the Joongwon Linguistic Society of Korea
Date: 21-May-2022 - 22-May-2022
Location: Cheongju, Korea, South
Contact Person: Yongcheol Lee
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.jwl.or.kr/modules/doc/index.php?doc=main
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics
Call Deadline: 31-Mar-2022
The 2022 Spring Conference of the Joongwon Linguistic Society of Korea (JWL) will take place on May 21, 2022 (Korean Standard Time) at Cheongju University, South Korea. This conference will be held virtually because of the continuing spread of COVID-19. Online links will be provided later.
Call for Papers:
The 2022 Spring Conference of JWL features three invited speakers in three subfields of linguistics:
- Language learning/acquisition: Prof. Youngah Do at the University of Hong Kong
- Sociolinguistics: Prof. Seo-Young Chae at Sogang University
- Korean Language Education: Prof. Ebru Türker at Arizona State University
Submission guidelines: The JWL conference organizing committee welcomes abstract submissions for 20-minute oral presentations, followed by 10 minutes for discussion. We welcome two single-spaced pages of abstracts in four different areas: 1) language learning/acquisition, 2) sociolinguistics, 3) Korean language education, and 4) general linguistics cvering any topic and in any approach, such as phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics, historical-comparative linguistics, psycholinguistics, cognitive linguistics, and discourse & grammaticalisation. Abstracts must be anonymous and must present original research that has not been published anywhere before. Abstracts should be written in English or Korean and should be submitted as PDF files via EasyChair. To submit an abstract, authors must follow the following steps:
1. To begin, please login at: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=2022jwlspringconfere
2. If you do not have an EasyChair account, click on “sign up for an account.” Please fill out a simple form to create an account.
3. Click “New Submission” at the top of the page.
4. Tick the “Corresponding Author” box for all authors who wish to receive e-mail correspondences or notifications.
5. Enter your title in the “Title” field.
6. Enter at least three keywords.
7. Upload your abstract .pdf file in the “Abstract” field. Only .pdf files will be accepted.
8. Click “Submit.”
Deadline: Abstracts are due by March 31, 2022, 11:59 pm (GMT). Notification of acceptance will be given by no later than April 30, 2022.
Page Updated: 28-Jan-2022